What is eternal life? Eternal life is living forever in Heaven. It involves having your own room in God’s mansion. Jesus has prepared a place for those who have been drawn to him to put their complete faith in his work he did on the cross. We are much more than just a physical body. We also are souls that exist forever. Most will find themselves experiencing eternal death when they die. Don’t be among that group. Find out about eternal life and live for ever.
In the Bible, in the book of John chapter 6, verse 40, Jesus said, “For my Father’s will is that everyone who looks to the Son and believes in him shall have ETERNAL LIFE, and I will raise them up at the last day.”
IN REVIEW: to find verses in the Bible, it is important to know how to read their reference or their address as it were. Verses are listed first by the name of the book, for instance John. Then the chapter is listed, for example chapter, 6. Then the number of the verse is listed, number 47 for instance. So it would look like this: John 6:47 book, chapter:verse.
John 6:47 Jesus said, “I tell you the truth, he who believes has ETERNAL LIFE.”
John 6:68 Peter said to Jesus, “…you have the words of ETERNAL LIFE”.
John 8:51 Jesus said, “….if a man keeps my word, he will never see death.”
John 17:1 through 5 “After Jesus said this, he looked toward heaven and prayed:
“Father, the hour has come. Glorify your Son, that your Son may glorify you.2 For you granted him authority over all people that he might give ETERNAL LIFE to all those you have given him. 3 Now this is ETERNAL LIFE: that they know you, the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom you have sent. 4 I have brought you glory on earth by finishing the work you gave me to do. 5 And now, Father, glorify me in your presence with the glory I had with you before the world began”.
Here are the basics of how we got separated from God in the first place and what can be done about it (which is further explained in the How page). The basics list below are taken from One Mission Society’s Billion.Global website.
The Core of the Gospel:
1. God is holy and in His love, He created us to enjoy fellowship with Him (Leviticus 19:2 “Be holy because I, the Lord your God, am holy”.).
2. In spite of God’s great love, we turned away and disobeyed Him (Isaiah 53:6, Romans 3:23).
3. Because of our sin and disobedience we are separated from God and under His condemnation (Romans 6:23).
4. But God loved us so much that He sent His son Jesus Christ to die on the cross for our sin and shame (John 3:16, Romans 5:8, 1 Peter 3:18).
5. When we repent and believe in Jesus Christ, we are forgiven (Romans 8:1).
6. Through faith in Jesus Christ we are restored and have fellowship with God the Father (Romans 5:1).
7. We become God’s children, receive the Holy Spirit, and are given the gift of eternal life (John 1:12, Romans 1:16, Galatians 3:26).
Scroll up to the navigation menu above and click on the other buttons – Why?, Who?, When?, How? and Assurance.
Here is a list of the books of the New Testament in the order in which they appear:
Matthew, Mark, Luke, John, Acts, Romans, I Corinthians, II Corinthians, Galatians, Ephesians, Philippians, Colossians, I Thessalonians, II Thessalonians, I Timothy, II Timothy. Titus, Philemon, Hebrews, James, I Peter, II Peter, I John, II John, III John. Jude, Revelation.